View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: ATTENTION: This is a LIMIT Forum, not NL, and this is our NC Thre

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There have been some people raving about the Dalwinnie Cigar Malt over in the Lounge, but I haven't tried it myself yet. Allegedly, it's even better than the Balvanie 12 yr for a Scotch in that price range, but I'm not sure if it'd be better for a new Scotch drinker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cigar Malt ?? .. never heard of it, but will keep an eye out for it ... as with regards to noobs, well dunno ??

I started out with the lagavulin and it is still my favorite [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The Cragganmore is a nice one, but in general I am no great fan of the highland stuff, the Islay taste is more me.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, I lied about the Dalwhinnie Cigar Malt. Turns out I meant Dalmore Cigar malt. It's a Highland, so probably not your thing as much. I just bought a bottle, though, so I'll do a review later tonight.

For an Islay recommendation, I really enjoyed Balmore's Darkest Sherry Cask. It's a little sweet for an Islay, but it's blended with a good peatiness. It's kinda like a blend of an Islay and a Highland or Speyside, but it's still a single malt. It adds up to a nicely complex Scotch, and it'll only run you about $40-$45.