View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 08:31 AM

Default Re: 2 pair on draw heavy board

Stop putting money into the pot after the flop. I'm not sure if that raise is ridiculous huge, but whatever, it's 5x the bet. So they are calling you. The range of hands they could have is very wide and it's hard to say if they are idiots who love top pair, or a small overpair 99-JJ, or a set like 77 or 88.

After you get two callers on that flop and then a 4 hits the turn, you need to slow down a little. Throwing money into the pot is making it extremely large and you don't want to be dumping more and more chips trying to figure out how to win the hand, when all you're going to be doing is throwing away chips while giving everyone and their mother odds to keep playing - especially when the board has a big draw like that.

My initial reaction is that he had you on the flop. If he didn't, he probably wouldn't have kept calling you down. Your hand looks like top pair or some kind of overpair like 99 or TT, maybe JJ.

So as played, fold the River. All players still in are saying they have something that can beat whatever hand you're holding.

Also, I highly doubt that your previous hand with the inside straight factored into this at all.