View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 05:08 PM

Default Hand 6: bad beat?

[ QUOTE ]
1. I fold for obvious reasons, but I could see calling if there are some dynamics/reads you left out

2. I think calling preflop to go for a "safe flop" is terrible, but I think calling to flop a highly disguised set is fine this deep. Sounds like Ralph was unsure whether or not to reraise TT or JJ, I'd fold

3. I think this kinda depends on how bad he's steaming at this point and how self-aware he is of how you perceive him...hard for anyone to give you a good answer here except yourself. Flop is fine either way but obv bet sometimes

4. I snap call, you look kinda like Tx or a draw. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see him have the case six

5. Sick. I think bet/call is better for metagame and may even be +EV in the immediate situation. Again, hard to say, some of these live decisions feel a lot different as they are happening and that is really crucial in close situations like this obv

[/ QUOTE ]

Another hand which was a bad beat (I think) was I raise AK, NYU dave reraises me from blinds to around 1500. I call. Flop is J44. He acts like he is going to bet, then checks. I check behind. Turn K. He bets 7k (overbet). I call, leaving myself around 6-7k behind. River 3, he shoves, I call he shows 48o for trips. I'm not sure this hand helps things but it shows what he is capable of.

With QQ, calling for set value (this deep) was also a part of my reasoning.