View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Japanese Anime: Nerds Unite!

Does anyone know the name of the one that takes place in like a cooking school, and they compete by making different kinds of bread? I saw like one episode once but couldn't get the name.

Yes GTO is awesome, hence the name. Or at least the first like 30 or episodes are. The last 5 or 6 are like super emo/ melodramatic and kind of bring the series as a whole down in my opinion.

Bleach is pretty sweet, but I don't think there's anything super good about it that really sets it apart from all the other teenage hero action ones.

Death Note is my current favorite. I think the style and atmosphere they got going with that one is awesome and the soundtrack fits in perfectly. The whole basis that all the action is through trying to outsmart the other guy makes it fun to guess what's gonna happen next too.

There's also a special place in my heart for G-Gundam. They had it dubbed on Toonami back in the day and it was just so ridiculous and over the top.
"You may have those silver feet, but I have these SHINING FINGERSS!!!!" too funny