View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 01:32 PM

Default Re: What would you do?

[ QUOTE ]
I freely admit that I'm not very educated about Mexico, but isn't this exaggerating a little bit? I'm sure that most Mexicans have a lot more difficult conditions than they would in America, but the "only have plumbing in tourist areas" thing isn't something I've ever heard before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Areas outside of the cities are like this. Especially Mayan areas and little towns. many people do have plumbing but its not american style by any stretch. A large number of the illegals that run across (as opposed to flying or paying there way) come from small rural towns where they live in what you and I would call a "shack"

I had some guys that worked for me that were from Puebla a colonial town south of Mexico City. There was one of them that spoke decent english etc. The other guys always told me that he was a good guy but didn't understand them and wasn't the same as them because he came from a "rich family"
I traveled to Mexico with them and stayed at the "rich" guys guys house. It was like an old south farm house with adobe and wood construction no air conditioning and dirt floor in one of the main rooms. They had plumbing but water came from a cistern etc. and this was the richest guy in the neighborhood.