View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 01:45 AM
 is offline

Default Re: How hard is placekicking?

[ QUOTE ]

placekicking is largely about hitting the ball right. look at soccer players. they rarely look like weighlifters, they can just kick through the ball with great speed and at the right spot. I do think there are literally hundreds and hundreds of players in pro European soccer who could be (easily) trained to be NFL kickers or punters. but these are all incredible athletes who happen to have the right body/skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was probably exaggerating somewhat but Morten Andersen claimed in a danish interview that most soccer players here on a reasonable high level could become really good kickers.

But I mean it can't be that easy or simple can it? It's not like decent american soccer players are worse than decent european or south american ones AND you make a lot more as an nfl kicker than as an american soccer player. You would think then the market would be flooded with ordinary soccer players turned into or trying to turn into great kickers.
Maybe it is??
This is one subject I don't know a whole lot about really. After he has become well known here I've heard at least the first ten of my soccer playing friends claim they could probably do what he does....