View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 09:12 PM

Default How hard is placekicking?

In my struggles to make money(fu 25NL), I realized I had strong legs.

Since high school, the girls have praised my strong, athletic, powerful legs; since I was wearing baseball pants. My buttocks were a main attraction too. We had to go to my small school in our uniforms.

Either way, I had a LOT of power playing baseball. I was 5'7" and a half, and routinely hit balls off the fence, and home runs during games. I attribute that to my trunk. Not "trunk", but trunk as in abdomen, back, and thighs.

Recently, I thought, I can [censored] kick! These guys miss all these field goals. I can at LEAST miss as many as them! I never played soccer, but I was always the first or second pick in kickball. I once did a leg press of 800 lbs. when I was in shape.

My question- How hard would it be for me to become a placekicker in the NFL? Possibly starting in the AFL. The league minimum is more than 5% of the American public. If I trained rigorously, and got a tryout(I have connections in the sports world), could I at least make the practice team before the season starts? I've never kicked a field goal in my life, and I kicked a couple kickoffs in pop warner.