View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 06:09 PM

Default 25nl: KK overpair faces flop push on paired board

4 handed 25nl
Villian(27/16/9) is UTG with ~$16, I have $25
Villian and another player limp, small blind completes. I raise to $1.75 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB, villian calls and everyone else folds.

Flop ($4): 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet $3, villian shoves for about $15. Hero?

Only a small (33 hand sample). He has been betting at lots of pots, which pushes his aggression rating up, but I'm yet to see him doing anything like this before.

I have only contested 1 pot with him. In this pot he was short stacked and I doubled him up when I had tp2k (JK) and he had AA. I raised pf, he minraised, since there where alot of callers I called to. Flop was J high so I called down because he was so short stacked (although in retrospect I prob should have folded pf, even to a minraise, as he did have like 20 something BBs). I mention this because it may have lead him to belive I'm a calling station and so he shoved this flop with a good hand hoping I'd call?

My problem is I really don't have enough info to know whether he does this with QA / combo draw / air often enough to make a call profitable. I have seen alot of agro players who will push 89s 78s here hoping to take advantage of their agro image to get a call.

I need more info before I can call this, right?