View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Are we getting ready for another war? News Story....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To be honest, I would've loved to fly helicopters if capable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it looks like you have been sold by the romantic adverts for the armed forces. If "flying" helicopter is your idea of fun, I would suggest civilian helicopter piloting. Of course, if you'd like to crash helicopters or being shot down in a helicopter...

Ah, the naivety of youth! How could we have a war without it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm very a very pacifist and compassionate person, but if your out in the real world you have to realize that conflict is part of our nature. Some individuals on a basic level love to fight, and others are just batshit insane. There are several countries where these individuals gain control of a country, and they will not see reason and logic as you do.

I'm not the naive one who thinks MAD is the end all deterrent. Nuclear war, as of right now, is inevitable because war is inevitable.

And me saying that I'd enjoy flying helicopters? That doesn't necessarily mean that I'd enjoy combat with one, as there are plenty of non-combat helicopter assigned roles in the military such as supply and medivac. I'm not filthy rich, so I can't buy a civilian craft and I'm not interested in a civilian chopper profession.

I absolutely enjoy shooting guns, and own a couple. Doesn't mean that I'd enjoy shooting a person.