View Single Post
Old 02-26-2006, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Vince Young ain\'t bright????

[ QUOTE ]
People are freaking idiots. All these reporters at the NFL combine think by simple workout tryouts they can automatically rank all players 1-32 in the draft. B.S. The draft can change picks, and some players become probowlers and some get out of the league in a few years. Who was the florida QB, was it Werful a few years back? Where is he now? Tim Couch, he's nowhere to be seen (though he did convert to a WR). Ryan Leaf, no comment needed.

Everyone thought Mike Vick was going to SD until the Falcons made a trade just before the draft started. Who knows about Vince Young. Maybe he'll do well, or maybe he will throw 20 INT's. He certainly has the size to play in the pros. It depends on the team, coaches, and offensive cordinator.
Anything can happen.

I would be very shocked if he is not a top 5 pick.

I will even consider a small $10 wager if someone wants to disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tim Couch and Ryan Leaf were going to be high draft picks, regardless of how they did in the combine. Both of them were great in college and had the potential to be good NFL QB's. It's just that their potential was unrealized. And Danny Wuerffel was a fourth round draft pick. And I'm pretty sure that Vick didn't even work out at the combine because everyone knew he was going #1 overall.

You're right that there's a lot of uncertainty in the process. But there was even more uncertainty before the combine. Don't knock the combine.