View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 04:04 AM

Default Re: Still Have 40,000 Shares of IMMR

"I called with QQ when 3-bet ($375 preflop) in a 10-150 game two days ago. I rivered a straight to win a $1700 pot vs. AA and a flopped set of tens.

Was that clear enough? Maybe I should put it this way. This forum isn't a dick waving contest for people to show up and brag about how much money they've made because they guessed right on a stock. And you of all people shouldn't be results oriented.

Your financial posts would be much more useful if you explained why you think an idea is a compelling investment. Then others could counter with risks and concerns that you may or may not have thought of. In the end you gain a better analysis of your investment, and forum members might benefit from learning about a great new idea."

You are totally out of line. Or confused. Firstly there is a big difference between talking about a success after the fact, where there could be many undivulged failures as well,
and talking about a successful risk which I announced I was undertaking BEFORE the fact. As long as there weren't a lot of announced risks that failed and were ignored. If you are that bad with analogies it makes your other advice suspect as well.

But worse yet is your characterizing my post as bragging. Huh? I suppose there is a little bit of that, but did you read my post? I was telling people I still OWN the shares. If my intention was to brag I would say, or wait until I sold them. As it is, I risk eating my words.

You need to remember that the original thread was on a now closed forum. If it still existed, no one would have thought anything about my posting an update that I hadn't sold yet.

As for my reason for holding it still it has to do with a fuzzy recollection of an article I read about ten years ago. Since I may be mistaken about some details I'm afraid I'll get in trouble if I mention it. The mere fact that I have 440K invested in it may mean something to some people. Who knows? I think I'll sell it all if it goes back to 9 since that would be evidence that the magazine article reason is not valid.

Meanwhile I still own 10,000 shares of TASR which I told everybody two months ago I bought at 7.80 (because I thought people were overacting to rare deaths) and it is now about 9.40. And my dick IS bigger than yours.