View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Re: My Final Word On Religion For A While

[ QUOTE ]
Because it was YOU originally claiming that when one evaluates it form a mathematical standpoint you get a result different from the result a mathmetican would get.

[/ QUOTE ]
What? A quote from YOUR op: So religions are born. Many religions. And even though the sheer number of these religions should be yet another reason to doubt their validity about specific issues lots of people don't.

[ QUOTE ]
I never argued on this thread about the idea that one might change their mind if they read the bible.

[/ QUOTE ]
The point is that you should not go through life basing your opinions on the opinions of others. There are so many reasons that others might reject what is in the Bible, deciding that it isn't important because other religions exist might lead you to miss an important truth. The Bible does not just predict detractors, it explains why they are there.

[ QUOTE ]
I am only arguing the fact that any theory with many detractors, has on average, a lesser chance of being correct than a theory with fewer detractors. ANY THEORY ABOUT ANYTHING...THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION.

[/ QUOTE ]
The title of this thread and the OP indicate that you were specifically talking about religion.

[ QUOTE ]
And you claimed that the above wasn't true if part of the theory included a prediction of detractors.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, David. That's only what you told me I said. What I really said, again, was that the Bible explains why the detractors exist. When you have an explanation within the theory as to why the detractors are misguided, it discounts the argument, YOUR argument, that the mere existence of the detractors is enough to doubt the validity of the theory.