View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 01:39 AM

Default Re: Enlisting in Navy Under SEAL Challenge Contract

[ QUOTE ]
I'm most concerned about the role. I don't wanna shoot innocent people to protect an oil rig for dick cheney. I'm convinced there is more to the current war than America is being told. If it's noble, I'd be proud to fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

You will not be a SEAL. This type of thinking is exactly what they do not want in a SEAL. They do not want smart individuals. They want people who will follow orders precisely, without question. If you're bright and can improvise they'll love you even more. But showing signs of independent thought, especially contrary to orders or doctrine, they will kick you from the program.

It also sounds like you've decided that you would like to do this one a whim. You certainly won't make it through training unless you are absolutely sure this is what you want to do. If you falter even for a second, you will fail. The training program is DESIGNED to break you if they can.

Also keep in mind that if you sign on the dotted line and don't make it into a SEAL unit because of your attitude, physical failure, inability to follow orders, whatever else it may be, you won't be going back to your normal life. You will spend your next few years in another position in the Navy. If that is something you are not willing to accept, don't even try for the SEAL program.