View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Re: Anyone in the WNY/Rochester area having problems w/ TW Internet rec.?

When they made the switch over from Adelphia to Time Warner in WNY, there were a lot of issues regarding access to websites with passwords. That was supposedly solved after three or four days. Last weekend, a lot of people at work were complaining that roadrunner was down, but I wasn't online and didn't notice. It's a fairly widespread problem, though. I was playing at UB and ran into problems also as I was 9-tabling, but it wasn't constant.

I haven't played poker in over a week, but I do know that their RR internet radio isn't working at all today. Support says they are working on it, but their support goes to the same college as Party support.

A friend of mine who doesn't play poker said her Verizon was just as fast as Adelphia, but I don't know. I'm considering making the switch because of the cost. I hope someone who multitables using Verizon can give a recommendation.

Oh, and I was also told to reboot. Don't call the support number, call a number for sales off their website because when the sales person tranfers you, she sends you to someone in a higher tier of support who actually knows his ass from a hole in the ground.