View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Re: exactly how bad IS phil hellmuth?

[ QUOTE ]
McUtter do you jerk it to your poster of Phil Hellmuth every night?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an intelligent contribution by you. Shows your class. I like poker and I like Hellmuth's game and I know not enough people realized how great a WSOP he had last year (a 1st, a 2nd, 4 Final Tables, many cashes to set record, set hold 'em bracelet record, tied total bracelet record, etc). I think his talkative/showman/brat personality ticks some people off (not me). Also sometimes he doesn't play at his best (on shows he doesnt care about?). And his style is different from the very aggressive/new school/on-line style. But I think he is a very canny man. I think he knows things about the game that a lot of people dont, and its not just about playing against weak players because WSOP fields contain great players too.

Its easy for geeks who dont get out much who see a few not-so-great poker hands on tv to decide that someone must be a donk, because they (the geek-who-doesnt-get-out-much) could see a better way to play the hand. I say this to the shut-in geek: Go play 3,000 hands on tv. See if you come off perfectly. See if you would then deserve to have 5 million other geeks critiquing your play. Oh wait, no one wants to actually watch the geek play even one poker hand.

End of story.