View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 10:00 AM

Default Re: Help an Omaha8 newb out - Why did villain call this river?

Truthfully, because it was only 4 cents. And that's not even a knock on the stakes, because you'll see it when it's 4 dollars, sometimes even 40

On the turn he still thought at least 1 of his hi draws was good, if not both, and when they missed he decided to bluff at it, considering the low draw missed and you might not be able to call.

In limit O8 these plays are generally spew, however, because you have odds to call with practically ANYthing and this board is very harmless, relatively, even though he could easily have a 3. Even if you've pushed this action with an AA2x no club draw (not a bad play at all) this is an easy call for you because you only need to be right once in a bunch (I didn't count the exact pot size) to take the pot. These limit bluffs generally have no teeth, which is why, on the flipside, they are a great spot to get extra bets with the nuts or near nuts. When you raise and declare you have much more than that, most players don't have the discipline to not put in another 4 dollars, much less 4 cents.

I'm by no means a Lo8 expert, I just saw this thread at the top and thought I could throw in my 2 to 4 cents on the subject.