View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 01:56 AM

Default Re: My Final Word On Religion For A While

[ QUOTE ]
Basically you are saying that a theory that includes the prediction that most people will disagree with it can now dismiss the fact that most people do in fact disagree with it. Or go even further and somehow claim that the existence of detractors is evidence FOR the theory.

[/ QUOTE ]
No. Basically, I'm not saying any of that. I am not speaking of a prediction or a prophecy. I am not speaking in general terms. I am saying that the existence of other religions is consistent with what the Bible says about the nature of God and the nature of Satan. I didn't say that this was evidence the Bible is true. I said that other religions being in existence is NOT evidence the Bible is false.

To put it in your terms, if you can gather from the nature of the theory that most people might disagree with it, then you CAN dismiss the disagreements of many in that the mere existence of the disagreements do not disprove the theory. This is different than dismissing the disagreements simply because the originator of the theory predicted that there would be dissenting opinions.