View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Re: A challenge for democrats

[ QUOTE ]

Another reason to vote is that is aids certain people in taking you seriously when you talk about politics. No matter how stupid it is, some people simply will not listen to what you have to say about politics if you don't vote. You could always lie, or counterfeit a bunch of "I voted" stickers, but I think my solution is simpler.

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on where you are. Obviously in public, logic and principles are only going to get you so far. Ron Paul is getting more done through chutzpah, rebellion, and saying words like "the constitution" than he ever could through Austrian logic. However on this forum (where the average mind is much more unconventional than the status quo), repetition and charisma just make you look like a boob. It's much more reasonable for me to talk about voting not mattering here than it is for me to speak frankly on the matter in public.

[ QUOTE ]
I still don't vote for presidential candidates, but that's because I don't think my friends should either. I think we should publically boycott the elections until the two-party system is abolished.

[/ QUOTE ]

How exactly do you want that to be done? I mean, there are more than two parties, it just happens that people just keep usually picking from the same two.