View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Getting into a top 20 school after taking two years off

[ QUOTE ]
How good is good with regard to scores? B average isn't that great. And are we talking a top 5 school such as Harvard / Princeton or fringe top 20 schools such as Wash U and Emory?

I went to Cornell, but I went the normal track. I don't really know anyone who has had your type of experience but I think it would be tough to transfer after doing poorly after your freshman year. You might want to goto a solid school, get a 4.0 for the first year, work your ass off and then try to transfer. I really think it's almost going to be impossible sans you buy a building on campus, to go from decent high school student on hiatus to a top tier University. Your ECs are going to be your strong points but I think it's going to be tough to make the move.

[/ QUOTE ]

i had a low 1500s sat, 34 act. I was going to take he sat IIs but decided against it once I got the scholarship offer. I'm pretty confident I could get a high 700-800 on American History/Lit. Probably bomb the math iic but I figure i could pull at least 6-700 with a ti89.

Scary to think these are like three year old test scores though. Should I consider retaking the SAT? Maybe take the sat IIs (I think they were required when I was looking at some top 5 schools) Is there any point in taking these test after highschool?

Ideally I'm shooting for a top 5 school, but at some point you have to accept reality and I'm sure even variance comes into play in the application process.