View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Reading data in Winning in Tough Hold\'em Games

[ QUOTE ]
the data is used to determine general preflop guidelines. I don't think memorizing the information will be much help, but reading the text and examining the open raising/defending/stealing suggestions and understanding some of the way we got there by double checking the empericial evidence from the data would probably be mor worthwhile.

Also, be careful assuming that "AA wins X in certain spots" as all of the results are simply emperical averages and of course will suffer from sample size issues. In other words we are saying "AA has won X in this spot" over Y number of trials for these three players and this is our best way to estimate it's value. we are NOT saying AA will average winning X in this spot for every player or even the examined players going forward.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Stox. My head was going to explode by trying to memorize all that data in groups. Only way to memorize most of that info is to group it in. I'd also have to fit myself into the grinder category and the "grinder" plays from 10-20 through 50-100. Very interesting book. I give myself two-three weeks before finishing it, now lol.