View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 06:08 AM

Default Re: MEEERRRRGEEEEEEEEEE

My standard in these kind of situations would be to check the 9. I dont see it as a value gaining card, I see it as a card that will allow me to check, and call if he bets. I would expect to check/call and win a lot of the time.

Seeing as though most other posters disagree with this, I'd be interested in learning a bit more about how you guys see this as a value bet.

Disregarding metagame factors, my thinking would be that he is definitely calling me down with something and the chances of that something being any less than a pair of 9's is quite slim....actually hash that...the chances of him calling down AND calling my river bet with anything less are too slim to warrant seeking more value from this hand.

Is there not more value in checking the river and allowing him to bluff? His line could easily be a float to the river with the intention of representing the 3. With the king out there as well it must make him that much more less likely to call us with a worse hand

Would a river bet not be better after NOT hitting, whereas now our hand has showdown value?

-Cian