View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 06:04 AM

Default 100NL - TT in 3 bet pot Line check...

Villain is 100BB deep I cover...

Villain was 22/11/2 over a 1K hand sample mined at 1/2, I'm playing 21/18/4, but I doubt he knows this as it his 3rd orbit.

This is the third time I've 3 bet him since he sat, once with a good hand, once with an Ok hand, this is the only time he's called.

Anyway, I had a small argument with a friend over the play of the hand and why I shove flop...

His arguments for calling flop...

1. I should just call flop as it allows opponent to play perfectly folding all worse and calling with all better.
2. I should try and get it on a safe turn, ie; non A,K,Q as it yields a higher expected return.
3. By not shoving I allow Villain to 'Bluff' again.

My arguments for shoving flop...

1. A call signifies more strength than a shove and Villain likely isn't putting anymore money in unless he spikes his likely 6 or 2 outer.
2. I'm more likely to get looked if I shove by a small pair that calls BS as I'm pretty much going to shove my entire range except maybe the nuts, ie; KK+.
3. I don't think he donk leads Jx or QQ+ here ever, so I protect my hand from a possible outdraw when no further money will go in unless he catches.
4. It's almost neutral EV for him to call at this point as he's getting 3-1 on a call and there's already good money in the middle.

Here's the hand.

SB posted the small blind - $0.50
BB posted the big blind - $1.00
UTG folded
Villain raised - $4.00
Hero raised - $15.00 W/ T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BTN folded
SB folded
BB folded
Villain called - $15.00

** Dealing the flop: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain bet - $25.00

Hero Shoves... (about 60 more for Villain to call)