View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 02:25 AM

Default KK lost all my money on this flop

I've bought in for $180 and about 4 hours in I'm down to $110. I just lost $50 with 45 hearts on a Q-6-3 flop, where the bet was $20 on the flop and I called only to get a 4th heart on the turn, called another $20 and didn't hit anything on the river so I lost $40.

So about 5 hands later I get KK. We are playing 1/2 No Limit with a mandatory $4 straddle UTG. A few people call the $4 making the pot about $15. I raise to $15 and get called by only one guy. Flop comes Q-8-6 with 2 clubs. In about a $45 pot I bet $35 and get reraised to $93 total. So by then of my original stack of $110 I've invested $45. I'm only left with $65. I figure the guy for a set. There are very few hands I think that this guy would do this with. But I still call just because I'm thinking of how much of my stack I've invested already.

Question is was I correct in calling at this point? Obviously I ended up being behind, but if I've invested this much am I correct to call the last $60 or so or should I be prepared to live another day and realize I'm beat? All advice is appreciated.