View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: How good is Tim Duncan?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But keep in mind that the Lakers and Celtics only met 3 times in the championship(Celtics won once).

[/ QUOTE ]

they also had to play against a historically great (and historically under appreciated) early 80's Sixers team, featuring a prime/dominant Moses and Dr. J, among others. + the showtime Lakers, + the Bad Boy Pistons who are better than the current Pistons.

[/ QUOTE ]

and just to add to this, for the Celtics to win 3 titles coming out of the Eastern Conference was quite a feat. the Lakers deserve tremendous credit for winning 5, but they had it easier in the West.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree - for a 4-5 year stretch the best teams in the league were Boston, Philly, LA and Milwakkee. LA had a relatively easy path to the finals while Philly, Boston and Milwakkee beat up on each other

[/ QUOTE ]

As much of a huge Lakers homer that I am, I have to admit that this is very true. There were some tough teams out west, but they weren't on the same level as those in the East. That's one of the reasons that Magic's Lakers made it to the Finals EIGHT times in the 80s.