View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Playing King Queen suited from BB after a raise from Button

PF is good. (Question - what do you do if he rebumps?)
FLOP - Bet Pot. That is a draw heavy flop, which has connected with any hand he's likely to hold (short of a mid - low PP). Typically, the money is all going in. The best you can do is hope he raises and you can reraise (shove if the pot is right). I often like to 3-bet here just to see if he comes over the top again and then shove the turn if no draw its.

TURN - Bad but not to bad. The pots already $10. If you check and he pushes, it's hard to call here (the few times you're ahead here and fold, don't outweigh the money you save all the times you're beat by a set (or better). So you're best move is to push (if you want the pot and think you're can take it down now) and get called by a hand still drawing. Remember, there are only 3 hands that beat you (not conting the varios flush hands (can all be counted as 1 hand because if we can beat 1 flush, we can beat them all, while against a set we would be drawing dead to a set of Kings and at best 4 outs to at least split. If you had a set here, I say call all day, but with just two pair I wouldn't be pushing if I got re-raised when I'm only 4th best.

Throwing GOOD money after BAD is just that, bad business.

D_D