View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: I don\'t believe stories about how much people win. Do you?

[ QUOTE ]
Since all those stories are obviously from winning players, it is plausible. The money doesn't come from winning players. They are only taking it out (in the long run, of course) and shouldn't have to redeposit regardless what they started with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, agreed. That's what I meant. What I was trying to say was that since the estimate is that 90% of players are losers, it's absurd to draw a conclusion from what's been posted here that depositing once or twice and then never redepositing is "standard", i.e., the norm. How could it be the norm?

Rather, the sample of poker players who have chosen to post their histories here is a self-selected sample, i.e., not representative. Don't mean to get too snitty about this, since positive stories was what the OP wanted. I was just making a side point that it certainly should not be expected that an average person can just wander in and a year later have $50,000 dollars.

And by the way, congrats to those who have been successful! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I actually enjoy reading these accounts as well.