View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 02:22 AM

Default Re: PRK/Lasik Surgery

I just had PRK 6 weeks ago.

The first two days following were the hardest from an uncomfortable standpoint. My eyes watered nonstop. With the pain pills and the sleeping pills I did fine though - I would not call it pain necessarily, more like incredible discomfort. And don't expect to be able to keep your lids open for any period of time for the first two days.

I was expecting clearer vision faster. It surprised me that it took a couple weeks to really see well - I think my expectations were not set correctly so I was a bit disappointed. After a couple weeks my right eye settled in nicely at 20/15, though my left eye has taken longer to stabilize.

Now at 6 weeks I'm still waiting for my left eye to get better than 20/30 or so. It will take longer to know whether a correction is necessary.

I'm 39 and have been in glasses since about 12, my prescription was about 400 with 1.25 astigmatism.

I am happy to see well - it was worth it even if I'm still waiting on my left eye.

Lasik people can't talk to you about recovery and pain - only someone else that had PRK knows what it's like.