View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 10:24 PM

Default Re: Should I quit poker? Help me analyze my PT stats

[ QUOTE ]
How can I improve?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah - Play less hands.

You can't win playing as loose as you are playing especially at the limits you are playing.

Really, as a beginning player your VP$IP should be around 20%. You can call with speculative hands (suited connectors and gappers) in position but don't limp and call raises with them. Really you should try to avoid open limping at all because it puts you in a tough spot (out of position) with your marginal hand when there is a raise behind. Most of the hands you are open limping with you should probably be folding (with the possible exception of pocket pairs). Also you are raising too much. There is no optimal pre-flop raise percentage, but for you anything above 15% is probably too high. Basically, I would shoot for something like 19/12-14/3. As I indicated you can get there by (i) not open limping (folding more), (ii) only raising premium hands out of position, and (iii) only calling raises in position with suited connectors (and gappers, suited aces, pocket pairs, and premium hands (which you could also re-raise) depending on factors such as the raisers tendencies, and the number of other callers.

Also - you are probably playing well beyond your skill level and above the level where you can learn hard lessons cheap. I would love to see you at one of my NL ($6) tables though. In fact, if you were playing 25/50 I would consider sitting in. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Lucky