Thread: diablo 2?
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 02:28 AM

Default Re: diablo 2?

[ QUOTE ]
^^u guys serious because i've starting to consider playing now?? again, how is the duping and cheating with the items now?? it was way out of hand and i quit when it didn't look like they could fix it...

[/ QUOTE ]

I went through a spurt of playing about a few months ago until about 3 weeks ago.

Basically, duping was rampant when I started 3 months ago. What people did was run a separate program to generate lag, then leave a D2 game right after dropping a high rune. Since the game was lagged up at the time you left, you would still have the high rune in your inventory, and a clone of it would be on the ground in the D2 game. Your friend picks it up and you've got a high rune. But Blizzard stopped that with a program checker, so that you get booted from games whenever you're running a lag program.

The trick (or so I heard) then became to start a game with a bunch of meteor sorcs, go into the blood moor and summon lots of meteors, to fill the ground with fire. This would lag the game, and you could then dupe runes/jewels or whatever. Then Blizzard fixed that by causing games to get dropped if there's too muchh fire on the ground. Meteor sorcs pretty much disappeared because of that. Also, if a game has a few zealots with hellfire torches, the game is at risk of getting dropped then too.

As a result, duping has gone down considerably from what I've seen. I'm sure there still exists a way to dupe stuff, but it's not as prevalent anymore, and as a result, high runes, jewels, and stuff like that that's usually duped are going up in price (by price I mean JSP price). But it's almost irrelevant that duping has been crippled, since it's already taken it's toll. Perfect ethereal Breath of the Dying colossus blades are way more common than they should be. There should be >1 in existence, but instead there's probably 20 or so, since all the runes have been duped so much.