Thread: marginal hand
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: marginal hand

this is interesting.

lets see..

If we're behind we're deadish.
If we're ahead he's in about the same amount of trouble (unless he specifically has QJ or some other combination of overs and a backdoor).

our position is crappy as far a collecting bets when ahead unless he's already made his hand. our position is crappy as far as avoiding bets when behind.

with that said, a calldown will cost anouther 5sb in a 7sb pot, with the distinct possibility of missing a bet when we're in the lead.

This means that we have to be ahead here just about 50% of the time to make the flop call. yeah, that's pretty iffy.

We hate turn checkthroughs, we hate any other overs falling, we have to hope he has a hand when we improve later on, but the flop call would be predicated on him not having a hand half of the time.

yeah, looks like a fold is the right move on the flop given that.

I agree with leader's earlier comment though, check and see what the hell happens in a multiway pot like that.

I guess the main reason my instinct was to call the flop raise would be because my other instinct would be to raise some of the hands that hero beats from villain's spot.