View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 02:46 PM

Default Re: 60k \"Staking\" dispute

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BoostedJ,

There is alot of confusion here, but there are several things that are very clear.

1) Most people have a high opinion of your poker talents
2) You care deeply about your reputation in the poker community
3) The overwelming percentage of people reading this thread (including me) are of the opinion that you scammed the OP. That doesnt mean you did it intentionally. It means that he got the raw end of the deal.

Add #2 and #3 together and you should be making every attempt to fix the situation. You should go out of your way to publicly make the situation right. Now if you dont give a [censored] about what people think and you truly believe you did nothing wrong, then dont worry about it. But you obviously DO care what your peers think and they think you did something shady (even if it was unintentional), so you need to right the wrong.

Maybe youve already done righted the wrong since some deal was made with OP, but there also seems to be some question in peoples minds whether or not that deal was totally fair to OP. I dont know enough of the details to give an opinion on that so I wont.

PS..It seems a bit suspicious to me that you didnt want your name "outted" to the community. If you truly believed you were in the right, why would you care if anyone knew it was you? Or was it just that you didnt want anyone knowing you needed a stake?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont like my name around any sort of controversy regardless, because there's no good to it. Shady is a really bad term to use if it was unintentional(which if there was any wrong doing done, it was unintentional). Shady is when someone hides the truth and tries to scheme, and that's certainly NOT what I did. By the way, yoguh suggest the deal that we already agreed to. So what, am I going to get blamed for something he suggested now if people think it's unfair?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty obvious he's not the sharpest tac in the box to begin with (no offense dude, maybe you were blinded by being a fan of a high stakes player or something). He was also negotiating under duress as it seems he was under the impression that he was getting nothing back. And since he was waking up to the realization that the '100% no risk deal' was gonna possibly bankrupt him (assming he doens't have a million to back you) it's not surprising he would make a deal to get whatever he could get back, 'something is better than nothing.'

Personally, I would like to know more details from OP about how the various events transpired, his experience 'backing' as compared to gambling by putting up money for 'taking a shot', the other details of the converstation to simply get a better idea of what went on.

If the deal is fair then it is fair. If it is not fair it is not fair.

However, if you made some '100% no risk guarantee' to my mom or my sister under these circumstances you would have BIG problems.