View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Re: 60k \"Staking\" dispute

[ QUOTE ]
BoostedJ,

There is alot of confusion here, but there are several things that are very clear.

1) Most people have a high opinion of your poker talents
2) You care deeply about your reputation in the poker community
3) The overwelming percentage of people reading this thread (including me) are of the opinion that you scammed the OP. That doesnt mean you did it intentionally. It means that he got the raw end of the deal.

Add #2 and #3 together and you should be making every attempt to fix the situation. You should go out of your way to publicly make the situation right. Now if you dont give a [censored] about what people think and you truly believe you did nothing wrong, then dont worry about it. But you obviously DO care what your peers think and they think you did something shady (even if it was unintentional), so you need to right the wrong.

Maybe youve already done righted the wrong since some deal was made with OP, but there also seems to be some question in peoples minds whether or not that deal was totally fair to OP. I dont know enough of the details to give an opinion on that so I wont.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much agree with everything here but also want to add a couple of thoughts:

-OP is an idiot for being so careless with 60k. How could you enter into a staking arangement without discussing details?

-Boosted is also an idiot and seems to be kidding himself since he thinks he did nothing wrong here. And if he cares about his rep he's also an idiot for entering into a staking arangement without discussing details.

-The utter disregard for huge amounts of money amongst the HSP players here is amazing. I'm truly jealous.

-I truly don't understand how it's so easy for good people with good intentions to be so cavalear about asking for a loan or to be staked. Asking for a loan is the last thing i'd ever want to do. If money is tight for me (for whatever reason) i'm not going to be asking to be staked so i can play nosebleed stakes.