View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 11:45 AM

Default $5-10 hold em at foxwoods

does anyone play this?

i tried it for the first time last night at lost $141. i don't know if it was specifically the game i was in, but i only spotted one clearly weak player. the rest were very tight players and tight, reasonably good players.

i crush the $4-8 game, and i do mean crush. i am also a winning player at $10-20 hold em. however, i think a weird paradox might be happening at this $5-10 level. the games are populated by good players who want to win reasonable bet sizes but do not have the bankroll to play higher. i spotted many poker stars.com windbreakers, and ipods (a bad sign). meanwhile, the players who are the donators either have the money to play $10-20, or just play $4-8. i don't think anyone at the table i was at could expect much of a win (assuming everyone got average cards). the kill may help extract some more money out of the weaker players, but overall i think the game isn't good at all for anyone playing seriously.

please tell me about your experiences at this game, maybe i'm wrong or my one experience wasn't a good measure of it and time should be devoted to adapting to it and beating it.