View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: 60k \"Staking\" dispute

From when it went from "loaning" to "staking", it is a stake where you take risk. Why would someone take a loan and pay 50% of their profits at high stakes NL games as interest? People take a loan and pay 5-10% interest, and sometimes none.

Makeup option is used when someone gets in the hole at first, and if you choose so to continue staking them, they have to replenish what they lost. If you choose to stop staking them, you take the loss and they are free.

If you stake a winning player, and you have them for make up, in the long run, it is 100% risk free according to fundamental and basic poker logic, as a winning player, if kept in the game, will eventually win money for a profit.

How can you be "staking" somebody, and not think you can't lose money. If I were making a 60k arrangement, I would want to know exactly what was going on and ask 100 questions if I was the least bit unsure or unclear about anything.

In summary, you misunderstood probably, but I dont think it's the other guy's fault that you misunderstood and he shouldn't be at fault for you being uncertain of the status of your money.

Any high stakes poker player that has been anywhere near staking knows what the term "make up" means, which is replenishing the bankroll after they take a loss, if they are still with the same staker.

him: instead of loaning me money

that statement there makes the change from "loaning" to "staking". He never said anywhere that he was "paying back" the money or "giving" it back. He was going to "make" it back up while staked by you.

I think that's all the points I can think of on this particular situation. I've done a LOT of staking/action taking/backing on both sides before and never had a problem with anybody so I think I'm pretty clear and intelligent on these deals.