View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Re: a foray back into 30/60 limit, 2 overpairs in big pots

[ QUOTE ]
the thing is, it may be a call! i am kinda out of touch with the way the games play these days, and don't have any definitive answer for either hand. I folded hand 1 awfully because when I was a full time limit player, I would never, ever be shown kings in that spot given the preflop and river action specifically.

hand 2 is so tricky, because he's raising behind 2 people whom it looks like he has no fold equity with. Remember that he capped preflop AND raised the flop, which IMO is never a hand like AcJx. So when he pops the turn, even if his range is exactly AcKx, JJ, AA, KK, it's still a fold given reverse implied odds. But like I said, I have more trouble assigning ranges as i did in the old days. Today, people might cap AJo behind 3 people...in my experience they don't though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhh ok, I thought you actually did call in hand 1, that's why I was so confused. It's such an unusual spot that like I said before, I would just quickly click call out of confusion and from pot odds alone. But it seemed like you wanted a logical explanation of how we would come to that decision, so as I was reasoning it out I still can't really see how you could logically beat anything, especially if we eliminate KK or QQ or other overpairs out of the limp reraiser's range.

Hand 2: I definitely understand WHY you folded. It just seems like such a stupid time to make a semibluff, and the villain's hand looks huge. But like I said before AA and KK and AcKc or AcQc usually doesn't back off on the flop after you 3 bet. Therefore I think if you were going to assign him the range of AcKx, JJ, AA, KK, and maybe throw in AcQx, you would really have to take a lot of weight off of AA and KK. I agree that he almost never has AcJx here.

Anyway, these two spots are really difficult regardless of whether or not you are out of touch with the way games play today. I think the variety of responses you got here definitely shows that.