View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Beginning Bankroll

I am practically a beginner as well in terms of online play so I'm not sure how much my advice will be of use, but I figured I would chime in anyway. I started playing again recently after taking about a year off, and I think this is the first time I've managed to hang on to my roll. I deposited $50 a few weeks ago and told myself I'd only play $10 NL until I had the roll to move up. I would have played lower limits, but this was the lowest offered. So far, I've turned it into over 220, simply by sticking to a few rules.

I play only $10 NL cash games. I find that I play much better if I focus on one game. This isn't to say that you shouldn't ever be mixing up your games in the future. When i feel comfortable with my roll, I will probably start taking a few shots at MTTs. I just think as a beginner, you should pick one game, whatever it is, and stick to it.

There are a few great threads here on when to move up to higher limits and when to take shots. I suggest you look them up. I personally wont start taking shots until i have at least 15 buyins for nl25 AND until I feel comfortable playing there.