View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 01:43 AM

Default Re: Im a fish at investing , answer some questions yo?

[ QUOTE ]
Spleen,

To start, a better way to invest in Micro Cap stocks may be via a mutual fund or ETF. PZI PowerShares Zacks Micro Cap and BRSIX Bridgeway Ultra-Small Company Market will give you the returns of Micro Caps while eliminating the hassles and diversifiable risks of investing in individual microcap stocks. If you go that route, I advise you to buy and hold for the long term--don't sell off after market ups and downs. Micro Caps are the highest return and highest volatility corner of the market.

[/ QUOTE ]

The process by which these are traded is the same as a stock? I only have experience buying a stock though a etrade/scottrade type of place. It was simple enough buying a stock though them , relatively the same process I take it? Naturally I will look into the specifics of each site but I was curious if it was similiar. Thanks for the point in right direction.

[ QUOTE ]

"I want to buy penny stocks" = I want to Gambool!

"I want to buy and hold" = I want to look for a good value stock and hold it until that value is recognized and I get some return out of the market.

You're saying two different things. Jeff has it right if you really want to invest in penny stocks, just buy an index. But why did you get interested in penny stocks in the first place?

[/ QUOTE ]
It does seem like two different things but I guess
I would like to find some sort of middle ground between the two. I am intrigued by micro cap stocks because I feel like they are the highest risk/return available for a small time low budget guy like myself.