View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 10:13 PM

Default Re: a foray back into 30/60 limit, 2 overpairs in big pots

After really thinking it over, I think hand 1 is a call and hand 2 is a fold. I had never seen a limp-reraise after limping behind 2 guys with an overpair...until this hand. He had KK. I think it's very close, but obviously those of you who have been playing these games more frequently than I know the texture of them to the point where a good number of you were calling out overpairs in his range where I didnt think that was a possibility. The cold caller seriously complicates things because he will usually have hearts or a hand like 76 or 78...but in the end counting the pot and weighting ranges certainly makes it a call even though we are usually behind.

Hand 2, I think is a relatively easily fold given the preflop cappers flop raise and turn raise vs. two people. The pot isn't as big, and we have to pay 2 more bets with bad reverse implied odds if we are behind. This time, however, BB had 99 and the UTG capper had AcKx and I folded. Thanks for all the input, my instincts are a little rusty these days.

James