View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Re: a foray back into 30/60 limit, 2 overpairs in big pots

Hand 1: I dont like the flop cap. Call the flop 3bet and raise the turn. This gives you max protection in a large pot and Max value. I thinking capping the flop in this spot is a definite mistake. (EDIT: I realize that the villain still donked the turn allowing you to raise the turn anyways but most live players will slow down after your flop cap unless they have a better hand than AA)

RIVER: I would call here out of confusion praying that this guy has a badly played KK's hand that just decided to bet the river scare card. The pot is also quite large making a crying call more likely to be profitable. The fact that BB could have a better hand on he river doesnt worry me since he mayve bet the river if he had the flush or 7x. His most likely hand to me is a broken straight draw at this point but if the BB check/raises the river you'll have a very easy fold.

Hand 2: Against a typical live player I would fold to the turn raise. Its not just that JJ,KK,AA,AcKc very likely here. This guy is also raising the turn in a protected pot after you check/3bet the flop and he knows you could have AA here. And those rare times you are somehow ahead you will get rivered quite often. I also think donking the flop is ok too.