View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Trade Stoudamire for Garnett?

1) He criticizes Nash because he's 33, but just brushes off the fact that Garnett is 31.

Big men with skills tend to age more gracefully.... pg's are usually done by nash's age but since he is such a fantastic shooter as well as ball handler he should be able to sustain his production for a few years....

1A) Garnett is "only six" years older. But six years is an eternity in a basketball career.

i think he was referring to degrees.... 6 years really isn't that much when perception is that he was 10+ yrs older which i honestly thought it was...

2) Can Garnett really handle Duncan? (I honestly don't know).

not so much as handle but he'll do loads better than amare... and be much better on the boards to boot so it is a huge defensive upgrade...

3) Garnett is clearly on the downswing of his career. His stats have gone down each of the last 3 years.

it's not inconceivable to see him to maintain this level of production for another 4 years.... he can board, he can pass he can score... 7 footers like that don't come around too often... and if you look at a guy like webber as a comparison webber's been doing it for awhile now except now webber's doing it on one leg.... if KG avoids injury he should be all-star caliber for a good amount of time...

4) While Garnett is better than Stoudamire defensively, I think Stoudamire is a better finisher.

and garnett is also a better passer and rebounder and better all around offensively... it's a trade off.

5) If Marion has a problem sharing the spotlight with Stoudamire, how's he going to feel sharing the spotlight with KG, who's much more of a household name?

ego's are going to be hurt regardless.... honestly i think if you have to relataively young guys it works to their detriment because they're all trying to solidify their place in the pecking order while you have a guy like KG who's already established and recognized as one of the best so at this point he doesn't care...

if the suns can avoid including the hawk's pick.... it would be a great deal for them...