View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul is an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I didn't see all of the two recent debates, can you let me know what he said about online poker? Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, no problem. He said on several occasions that it was not government's job to control people's personal decisions, and dictate to them how to spend their money. You're welcome!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh. You got my hopes up that he raised the profile of the poker issue, but instead this is just the standard "less government / no government" libertarian line, with which I am occasionally sympathetic.

So then I am back to my opinion that this seems like good fodder for the "Politics" forum and not for the "Poker Legislation" forum. Threads about who should be in what debate and root causes of 9/11 don't seem directly related to poker legislation.

Further -- you suggested Ron Paul is "the only presidential candidate who's truly committed to supporting Americans' right to play online poker." But Dennis Kucinich (a candidate for President as a Democrat) is on record voting against the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act in its HR4411 form (different than the one which was actually passed into law). So when (not if) the Democrats bump him from the debate circuit, please pressure the DNC as well.

IMHO, if publicly aligning our cause with Kucinich & Paul are the best hope we have for improvements in the legal climate for online poker, then our hopes are slim indeed. I don't believe either is a credible spokesperson to take our message to voters and legislators who are open to changing their minds on this issue.