View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Re: I am no longer tipping the dealers at CAZ until.......(long)

[ QUOTE ]
The primary responsibility for policing the game should rest with the players. When something like the incidents you describe happens, I will ask the dealer to tell the players "one player to a hand," or ask the players not to show cards to other players, or do not dicuss a hand while it's in progress, etc. The dealers are not well-trained, or trained at all, to deal with these types of things.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to be like that and I gave up. I'd have to be talking non-stop and I'd come off like the worst damn nit kill-joy in the state. I can't be the ONLY one doing it. There are any number of players who will agree with me but they won't say anything either for the same reasons. Then there are the better players who tell me I'm stupid for bringing any of this up because it may start the incredible dopes we are playing against to thinking. And they don't want any thinking going on in their games. Personally, I don't think that enforcing a couple of rules like this is going to hurt the games by educating the players.