View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 05:34 PM

Default Re: Staking Questions????

speaking as an economist, i would recommend an agreement that has components of the following.

the borrower puts in as much money as h/she has or is willing to blow on poker. both players come to an agreement about the level on which the borrower will play depending partially on how much money the lender has. the lender's money plus the borrower's money goes into the account. if the acct goes busto, both lose.

the borrower should get at least the portion of the profits that was earned with his own money. (i.e. if borrower's money is 10% of the total then should be getting at least 10% of profits). Presumably, this amount will be equal to the earnings had the borrower used his own money and played at his own stakes (but this depends on how much more or less confident in your play the lender is. I would recommend that the borrower get at least double the proportion of winnings (i.e. if borrower has 10% of money in acct, they should be getting at least 20% of profits). but i think thats the minimum. in my opinion, the actual proportion should be even higher.

also, both parties should agree on a point at which to end the deal. in my opinion that should be either when the acct is busto or when a certain profit goal is reached. At that point if both parties agree the deal should be continued.