View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Online High School??

[ QUOTE ]
I'd never pull my child out of school for online school without having an opportunity to review the curriculum and see specific examples of the coursework. Socially, your son will be missing out on stuff, but I have no idea how big his current school is or what kinds of activities they offer. I went to a small private school (Graduating class was 20). I really never connected with anyone in my class and hung with the people I worked with.

As far as home schooling goes, my wife did this with my oldest through 4th grade. We live in one of the best school districts in the Philly 'burbs and my daughter was way ahead of her peers when entering the 5th grade. If you choose the homeschooling route, it will be the equivalent of a 25-40 hr a week job for you if you plan to do it right.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have learned that they use the Apex curriculum which the school district insists is more challenging than regular classes. I'm going to plan to go to school, check things out and also discuss with his techers in the next two days. Had to happen right before graduation and my daughers party. Yeah me. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I would guess graduating classes around here are 60-80 kids in a town of about 1400.