View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Iris Caught Marking the Cards at Commerce

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just spent five days at the Commerce. I have played there many times over the last 20 years but not for the last year. I cannot imagine playing there on a regular basis. The lack of basic civility permeates every game I played in (40-80, 60-120 & 100-200) and everyone has developed an attitude either as a personna or a defense mechanism. Every sterotype is present, bad behavior is trumpted by worse behavior. Even though the games are good, after five days I couldnt wait to leave.

Those of you who play at the commerce daily must be immune to how the game appears to a part time social player. Compared to the social atmosphere of the 60-120 at the CAZ the Commerce is a verbal war zone. - wally

[/ QUOTE ]

Wally,

There may be thousands of recreational poker players within a thirty minute drive of the Commerce with the money and desire to play these limits who feel exactly as you do. The lost business at the Commerce and other clubs is largely masked by the fact they are in a closed market so they more or less fill up on nights and weekends anyway.

If there was free and open competition I believe the LA card club that demanded reasonably civilized behavior would emerge as number one with the best action.

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

What constraints are there on the market? I take it what you're saying is not just anyone could plop down a room with 300 tables in it next week if they wanted to.