View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Iris Caught Marking the Cards at Commerce

[ QUOTE ]
Can I ask a silly question?

I've never been to the Commerce, so I have no idea (other than what you all say) what the players/action are like. My question is why does management/dealers put up with the arseholes like this lady Iris who mark the cards, cuss the dealer, throw sh*t, etc. Can these people not act their age? Are they drunk or doing drugs or something?

I can say for certain that this behavior would not be tolerated in other card rooms in other parts of the country. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I play at CAZ. Dealer abuse is not tolerated. A quick example: The other day a player says something pretty bad to a dealer. The dealer doesn't bother calling a floor person over and says to the player: 'Do you want to apologize right now or do you want to go home?' Player apologizes. End of problem.

My guess is that the LA cardrooms are afraid of losing customers to the many other area cardrooms. I am used to abusive people from the business I was in for many years (low-income housing in the Bronx) plus playing poker for over 10 years so it doesn't bother me as much as it does 'regular' people. When I visit SoCal poker rooms it's sort of like going to the zoo for me. I get to see all the interesting animals in their natural habitat.