View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Lost My Job, Plan on playing at canterbury

[ QUOTE ]
TT- You are a gentleman and a scholar and I respect your opinon. I'm guessing you're in your mid 40's or beyond and have a wealth of experience under your belt.

However, I still encourage "kids" [for lack of a better term]... to fall on their face when they are young and have limited responsibilities / debt. Chase your dreams before you get bogged down in daily life.

I think we all respect your "tough love"... but I can't bring myself to squash someones ambitions so universally.

If everyone listened to your advice and played it safe, there would be no 22 year old millionaire entrepeneurs, no olympic athletes, no risk takers...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I am all for following your dreams, I have many times. I lost my first 40k in a nightclub deal which was strung together on a wing and a prayer - I am pro calculated risk! But this guy needs to do a lot more research and learning before he branches out, he is gonna get hurt - thats not a calculated risk at all. Sure we all love it when someone makes a wild gamble here at 2+2, but 9x out of 10 its someone who can afford the loss. Its the stories like the OP's that tear on my heart strings, these are the people we should encourage to only gamble with a safety net.