View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 11:49 AM

Default Re: PS: 10 Billionth Hand Promo Details

[ QUOTE ]
I know Pokerstars is making money and all that and we pay rake blah blah blah but setting up these fold fest tables is BS.

Sites that run promotions like this should be rewarded for being creative and getting people to their site. I don't want them not running other promotions like this because of crap like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it should be too concerning.
They mostly put a stop to it by making the heads-up tables ineligible.
It's way too tricky to get 6 people on a table to all udnerstand what is going on. So you're only option is to pre-arrange it like that.
But not many people do it and it really doesn't make a big difference.

I also think Stars realizes that some of the players coming over to a pre-arranged auto-fold table might be the types who normally play on another site.
Stars should be happy that they are depositing money and showing up on tables...even if it's only for the promotion.
They probably understand that many of the players that do this will end up giving their cash-games a try since they already have money on the site.

That's what the promo is designed to do. Attract new players and reward the loyal players. Even for players setting up an auto-fold table Stars is still partly accomplishing those goals.