View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Lost My Job, Plan on playing at canterbury

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so i lost my job last week (Im an electronics technician}

And now i think i will play at canterbury for the time being. My experiences there have been amazing i have played 21 times there in the last 4 months and never had a losing session. I play 4/8 lhe and i cant believe how much easier it is than online. 2 years ago i was doing well online but now i cant seem to win so I will be at cbury. Maybe i will see Schnieds again lol. So if anyone plays at Cbury can you tell me how the 6/12 plays compared to the 4/8 thx

[/ QUOTE ]

This post is hilarious in so many ways. When is someone going to break it to the guy that he is on a heater and is going to crash and burn fairly soon? The clues are right their under our noses.

Sorry melac, I am 90% positive your not a winning player now, your just experiencing variance. I know nobody likes to hear this and it offends so many people, but someone has to be the voice of reason here. Get a job.... playing 4/8 while your on a heater wont pay the bills, and when you hit the cooler (as you will for sure because you don't seem to realize your on a heater, a sign of an inexperienced player) its gonna hurt hard if you don't have a way to support yourself financially.

sorry to be so rough... consider it tough love. I hate to see young guys like yourself get over your head, its so tragic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it your modship that made you so patronizing?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I suck at understanding a poker concept, I expect someone to let me have it - make sure it sinks in. This guy is ready to gamble his savings on the line, sure he might survive but the odds are against him. Wouldn't you rather he have a fighting chance by getting a job rather than delude himself into thinking he can beat the game only to discover 3 months later that he has no money left?

Its not call "patronizing", its called compassion. I feel for guys like him - he doesn't have the experience you or I have to know better, and if I could reach across the interwebs and shake some sense into him I would. Sometimes a good tough love post is the best thing for a specific situation, it might help him see the light.

The ironic thing about this is that the OP is the kind of guy I want sitting on my right in a juicy game. But once we are away from the table I want to help, not take all his monies.