View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 11:13 AM

Default Re: PS: 10 Billionth Hand Promo Details

I'm not going to be doing this but I've done it in the past.

Usually trying to get it organized for just one milestone hand is tricky. And if you are going to get a group together to do it for multiple milestone hands leading up to the big one then you are probably going to want to sit higher than .01/.02.

Even .5/1 limit gets you out of micro and into 'low' which is a better prize.

Or 1/2 NL gets you into medium.

Somebody suggested to me that you could have one person raise and everyone fold so it doesn't look too suspicious.
This is not necessary. Stars doesn't seem to care.
Back when they first started doing these thins you could auto-fold all day long and they never stopped you.
They had the heads-up tables eligible for the prize then and it was easy to find one other player who agreed to fold with you, then sit-out for an hour or so and wait for the next one, rinse, repeat, etc.

No cover necessary. Just click and fold as fast as you can on all your tables if you're going to do this.

I do not think it's a good idea at all to agree to split the prize with several other 2+2'ers whom you've never met before.
Surely there are 1 or 2 who will be in your group who would definitely think twice about splitting it with you AFTER they got paid the whole sum.

I think most 2+2'ers agreed with that idea when we did this before.

If you get the auto-fold thing going just do it for the EV of having a chance at the big prize.
Everyone can check it down instead of doing the push-fest if you like...but if someone goes all-in then you're stuck joining him of course.

Even if you had a group of people who you knew really well, I wouldn't be surprised at all if there were complications arising from a pre-agreed split.
Don't even be tempted to try to pull a Jaime Gold on this one.